Chelmsford Roofline Ltd
Fascias, Soffits, Guttering & Weatherboard for Homes in Essex
Chelmsford Roofing Ltd are skilled craftsmen and builders, experienced in protecting homes across Essex from the changeable British climate.
A Quick Guide to Roofline Products
- Fascias – The fascia is the roof board that protects the roof space from the elements. It preserves the timber rafters that hold your roof in place and provides a fixing point for guttering. The fascia looks a bit like a skirting board and is the part that ‘faces you’ as you look at your home.
- Soffits – Soffits are the down facing boards that you would see if you stood with your back against your home and looked up. Soffits fill the gap between the fascia and the wall. Soffits can be fitted with air vents to provide ventilation to the roof space and loft.
- Guttering and Downpipes – Guttering and downpipes safely remove rainwater from the roof. Guttering is usually attached to fascias.
- Bargeboards – Bargeboards form the overhanging eaves that protect the gable end of a roof.
- Cladding - Our concrete based composite cladding is very strong, resilient, weather resistant and attractive. Cladding is easy to fit and is an attractive way of breaking up the brickwork on your house. Cladding is now very popular for use in house extensions.
Fascias and soffits protect your home from the weather. They prevent damp getting into the brickwork and rot from affecting rafters, roof beams and joists.
Water damage is one of the most destructive forces that can affect any property. Once damp has found its way into a home it can be difficult to stop and expensive to treat. Rainwater that has penetrated timber fascias through holes or cracks in the paintwork will rot the wood and spread throughout the board.
Traditional timber fascias and soffits need regular maintenance. They should be painted, varnished or otherwise treated every four to five years to maintain water-resistance.
How do I know when my fascias need replacing?
If you have UPVC fascias, soffits and guttering the chances are that they don’t need replacing and won’t for many years to come. Modern UPVC fascias and soffits are totally weather proof and will last for decades. Once fitted, UPVC fascias and soffits need no further maintenance, unlike traditional timber fascias and soffits.
If you do nothing else to your home this year, check all timber fascias and soffits for signs of damage, cracks or rotting. The repair or replacement of damaged fascias, soffits, guttering or bargeboards will potentially save thousands of pounds and a great deal of distress.
Chelmsford Roofline Ltd only install top quality UPVC fascias, soffits, guttering, cladding and associated roofline products. Chelmsford Roofline Ltd take great pride in our products and our workmanship. Most of our work comes through recommendation from satisfied customers.
Chelmsford Roofline Ltd work with domestic and commercial customers. We fit UPVC fascias, soffits and guttering to terraced homes, semi-detached house and detached properties. Purpose-designed heavy duty UPVC guttering is recommended for retails businesses, office blocks and public buildings.
Chelmsford Roofline Ltd offer free advice and guidance in the selection of the right roofline products for your property. For a free no obligation quotation give us a call on 01245 861168.